What makes you smile? I've discovered that it's the simple things, those daily happies that truly make the difference. Here, I will talk about those things and I hope that they too, put a smile on your face. Spread peace. Give love. Always smile.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Today's Smile

When I'm stressed, tired, or too much of both and cannot get to sleep, I like to make lists. Whether it's a grocery list or a list of all of the books I've read this year - I find it comforting. About two weeks ago I was having trouble sleeping so I got about my baby Moleskine notebook and started a list... a list of things that make me smile.
This list came so easily to me and before I knew it my list was upwards of 100 things. That's when I got the idea for this blog. On a (hopefully) regular basis I'm going to be updating this blog with an item from my list that will, of course, continue to grow. The "smile" that I will post could be specific to the day like red cups or the first snow, or even just something completely random, like the smell of fall.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog. Most of the time its the little things that make the difference in your day. I'm learning to notice them, and I hope that from reading this blog, you too will learn to smile at the small stuff.

peace. love. smile.

No comments: