What makes you smile? I've discovered that it's the simple things, those daily happies that truly make the difference. Here, I will talk about those things and I hope that they too, put a smile on your face. Spread peace. Give love. Always smile.

Friday, November 6, 2009

chugga chugga, chugga chugga, woo woo!

If you did not figure out already from my oh-so-original use of onomatopoeia in the title of this entry, today's smile is trains. Now, before you ask, just let me clarify that I am not a train "enthusiast" or anything. Although I am a fan of trains of the "express" variety (Hogwarts, Polar etc.) Also, the occasional train set is, in my opinion, a valid form of entertainment for people of all ages (especially the awesome one in FAO Schwarz in NYC. Models of the Hogwarts and Polar Express-es. So awesome.) This entry is not about those trains. Trains make me smile because they connect people and places. Think about it, no form of rapid transportation connects towns, cities, and counties in the way that train tracks do (except for maybe cars...and highways...but a train is a much better visual so, ignore the fact that we live in the age of oil, not coal, and go with it :P). Trains make me smile because they bring people together.
Today in particular I'm a huge fan of trains because one will be bringing me home to Toronto in about 2.5 hours for the weekend. This morning I just missed my Mom and Dad so I booked a train to go home and surprise them. I'm happy.
So thank you, trains, thank you for making me smile by allowing me to see my Mom and Dad on this day wherein I am feeling rather homesick. You rock.

peace.love.smile.

No comments: